The Chapter newsletter, The Bridge, is a BI-monthly digital publication aimed at providing the most up-to-date practice, networking, policy, and community news for the Michigan social work profession.
Please ensure that NASW-Michigan has your current email and mailing address so you may receive each newsletter without interruption. Although the newsletter is a free benefit for members, non-members can subscribe for $30 a year. If you would like to update your contact information or are a non-members that wishes to receive a printed copy of our newsletter should contact email@example.com or call 517.487.1548.
Write an Article for The Bridge!
NASW-MI knows that our members are the experts in all areas of the social work profession, and we need your help in making sure we are providing the most up-to-date information to our membership. There are several ways in which NASW members (and occasionally non-members) can become involved:
- Write an Article - Are you working on an important project you would like highlighted? Is there a legislative concern that you would our membership to know more about? Are there new innovated areas of your practice that others would benefit from? This is your chance to share your experiences and expertise with almost 7,000 social workers around Michigan. Articles should stay between 250-750 words for 1-2 page articles (print issues) or between 250-1500 words (1-4 pages) for online editions. Pictures, graphs and charts and greatly encouraged, but should be submitted at the highest resolution possible.
- What's Your Story - This section is a chance for NASW-MI to showcase our members from all over the state. What sparked your interest in social work? What drives you to continue doing what you do every day? Do you have an interesting life story or experience? Why are you a social worker and a member or NASW? What is your area of expertise? Tell us your story.
- Student Spotlight - Faculty and staff, here is your chance to spotlight a social work student doing impressive work at your school or in the community. Students, recognize your fellow social work candidates by acknowledging them to the entire state! Click here to submit a student spotlight.
- Awards and Accolades - Did you win a recent award? Get promoted to a new position? Have an article published? Start up a non-profit? We want to know about it and share your achievements with our membership!
- Member Shout Out - Recognize a fellow colleague for a major life accomplishment (engagement, retirement, new children, award, move, etc)
- Advertise With Us - Place a classified or display ad promoting an upcoming event, program or person. More information on advertising options can be seen below.
- Strengthening Your Writing Skills:An Essential Task for Every Social Worker
Submit all article to Director of Member Services and Development Duane Breijak at firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication Time Frame
The deadline for all newsletter submissions (including advertisements) is the 15th of each month.
There are several different options for advertising with NASW-Michigan, depending on your needs. Click here for additional advertising information.
If you wish to place an advertisement in the Chapter newsletter, please contact the NASW-Michigan office at 517-487-1548, or email@example.com. Before your advertisement is placed, an advertising contract will be completed and placed on file. This contract ensures that the Chapter prints the correct content for the desired length of time, as well as ensures the advertiser has agreed to the cost and payment method.
Starting in September 2011, the NASW-Michigan monthly newsletter changed from Connections to The Bridge. With a brand new design, layout, and look - The Bridge will help the Chapter educate, inform, and engage with all members in a whole new way.