Become a Leader at Your School.
Be A U-Link Advocate!
Help shape the social work profession for students in Michigan by becoming a U-Link Advocate! U-Link is a NASW-Michigan initiative that identifies students leaders from each social work program in Michigan who will serve as a link between their respective program and National Association of Social Workers. It is our hope that through this initiative, a stronger working relationship will be created between the universities and the NASW-Michigan Chapter.
- Be an active member of the National Association of Social Workers (www.socialworkers.org)
- Serve on U-Link for your school for both the Fall and Winter semesters (students may serve additional terms, as long as they remain a student)
- Attend an in-person orientation on Sunday, October 2nd, 2016 from 10-4 in Lansing
- Participate in monthly conference calls to receive Chapter and professional updates
- Attend annual Legislative, Education and Advocacy Day (LEAD) on Wednesday, October 25, 2016
- Host at least one on-campus event per year (can be in partner with other U-Link
- Special trainings/workshops just for Ulink Advocates
- Insider updates on policy/legislation affecting social workers
- Ability to get your work published in a statewide magazine seen by 6000+ social workers
- Recognition of service in NASW-Michigan newsletter and webpage
- Unique opportunities for organizing and advocacy
- Statewide and regional professional networking
- Reduced registration fee for all NASW-Michigan events for a year & discounts on merchandise
- Certificate of service from NASW-Michigan
Interested in serving as a U-LINK Representative?
If you want to become a U-LINK Representative for your Program/University, please fill out an application by clicking here.
Applications should be emailed to Director of Member Services & Development Duane Breijak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a ULink flyer here.
Application Timeline: Deadline for 2016-2017 Advocates is Sunday, September 25, 2016.