Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Join NASW!
Licensure - Reciprocity
Share |


Reciprocity is the process of obtaining your social work license by Endorsement.

Licensure rules specify that an applicant who is registered or licensed in another jurisdiction (e.g., another state or country) is eligible for registration or licensure in Michigan if the requirements for licensure or registration in the other jurisdiction are substantially equivalent to the requirements in Michigan. The registration or license from the other jurisdiction, whether currently active or expired, must be in good standing at the time the individual applies for licensure or registration in Michigan.


An applicant for registration or licensure by endorsement must submit a completed application and the required fee.  An applicant for licensure by endorsement who satisfies all of the requirements of this rule will have met the requirements in the Public Health Code pertaining to reciprocity of registration and licensure in other states. 


Contact LARA at 517-335-0918 for further information.


Applicants for a master's social work license by endorsement must be currently licensed in another state that had substantially equivalent requirements to those in Michigan at the time you were originally licensed in the other state.


To find the application for licensure by endorsement please click here.


Other Social Work State Licensing Agencies

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal