Michigan Social Work Licensure Exam Institute
Presented by NASW-Michigan
Saturday, June 10, 2017
9:00am - 4:00pm (Registration opens at 8:15am)
Oakland Center - Banquet Room A
Rochester, MI 48309
$150 for NASW Members, $200 for Non-Members
**Space is limited**
Free onsite parking
Be prepared. Learn the content and strategies to pass the Bachelor's, Clinical, or Advanced Generalist exam for social work licensing in Michigan!
The National Association of Social Workers - Michigan Chapter (NASW-Michigan) is excited to announce the date for our third annual Social Work Exam Licensure Institute. This one day workshops will walk limited licensed social workers at both the BSW and MSW levels through the necessary steps to pass the ASWB exam and reduce test anxiety.
This seven hour institute includes:
- Full day comprehensive in-person workshop that covers key exam content areas
- Comprehensive Study Guide Book - $75 value!
BSW Institute Attendees – Social Work ASWB Bachelors Exam Guide: A Comprehensive Study Guide for Success. 2015. Springer Publishing.
MSW Institute Attendees – Social Work ASWB Clinical Exam Guide: A Comprehensive Study Guide for Success. 2015. Springer Publishing.
MSW Institute Attendees – Social Work ASWB Advanced Generalist Exam Guide: A Comprehensive Study Guide for Success. 2015. Springer Publishing.
- Additional online webinars on the Michigan licensure process
- Access to a statewide supervision registry
- Opportunities to sign up for regional study groups
- On-site staff available to answer your licensure, supervision and ethics questions
“Dawn gave us the tools we needed to take the exam, and let me tell you – she was on point! Not only did she cover the content areas we needed to focus in on, but she also showed us how to read and interpret the questions on the exam.”
—Ammu D. Kowolik, LMSW, McSilver Institute for Poverty Policy and Research
Key Features of Each Guide:
- Covers all the content areas on the examination, including new content from the DSM-5 added in 2015
- Includes a 170 question complete practice test (with explanations of the correct answers) that mirrors the exam
- Begins with a self-assessment section to help identify areas of strength and weakness
- Offers a wealth of test-taking tips and strategies to foster exam confidence, including tips on dealing with test anxiety
- Developed by a highly respected educator of social work licensure candidates
About the Test Prep Manual Author & Instructor:
Dawn Apgar, PhD, LSW, ACSW, has helped thousands of social workers across the country prepare for the examinations associated with all levels of licensure. She has been a trusted licensure resource to many NASW chapters across the country, including New Jersey, New York, Montana and most recently Michigan.
Dr. Apgar has completed research on licensure funded by the American Foundation for Research and Consumer Education in Social Work Regulation and is currently chairperson of New Jersey’s social work licensing board. She is a past President of the New Jersey Chapter of NASW and has been on NASW’s National Board of Directors. In 2014, the Chapter presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Apgar has taught in both undergraduate and graduate social work programs and has extensive direct practice, policy, and management experience in the field.
*Note. There will be two 15 minute breaks and a 45 minute lunch break provided in the training. Coffee, tea, and water will be available throughout the training. Feel free to bring your own lunch or choose from one of the local eateries.