The objectives of Michigan Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Educators (MABSWE) are:
- To advance excellence and interests of undergraduate social work education and provide a forum for its members to discuss issues and opportunities for advancement of undergraduate social work education and research, including a response of undergraduate social work education to the changing demographics and service requirements of the state of Michigan.
- To work with public and private human service organizations in the furtherance of undergraduate social work education and human service delivery.
- To encourage financial support of undergraduate social work students.
- To encourage research for the advancement of undergraduate social work practice education.
- To represent the interests of MABSWE to the Council on Social Work Education, Baccalaureate Program Directors, and the National Association of Social Workers, particularly the Michigan chapter.
- To advocate for sound public policy for human services in Michigan.
- To promote development of continuing education opportunities for BSW faculty and practitioners in the State of Michigan.
- To promote the recruitment and professional development of baccalaureate social work educators.
- President - Sue Bowden, Director, Michigan State University School of Social Work Undergraduate Program
- Vice President - Cassandra Bowers, Director, Wayne State University School of Social Work Undergraduate Program
- Treasurer - Susan Grettenberger, Director, Central Michigan University School of Social Work Undergraduate Program