With over 6,500 students currently enrolled in Michigan Schools of Social Work, the demand for social work supervision has increased tremendously. In order to meet this demand NASW-Michigan has developed a comprehensive, ethically based training that will prepare you to step into the role of supervision.
NASW Michigan’s Core Supervision will provide you with a foundation and knowledge to ethically supervise and mentor social workers who have obtained their limited license and are preparing to begin their social work careers.
In addition to earning your Certificate in Supervision you will increase your supervision skills and develop your ability to:
- Understand the theoretical models of supervision
- Understand the theories of power, influence & authority
- Use ethical decision-making models
- Identify the learning needs for supervisees
- Establish learning objectives for supervisees
- Utilize evidence-based techniques that include:
o Improving communication skills
o Building your relationship skills
o Develop your interactional skills
- You must be a fully licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- You must have 3 years of practice experience
- You do not have any administrative or ethical sanctions on your license
- You must be available to provide at least 4 hours of supervision each month
What is Included?
- 2-Day Intensive Training
- 12 CE Hours including 5 CE Hours in Social Work Ethics
- Supervision Certification by NASW-Michigan
- Complimentary listing for one year on the NASW-Michigan Supervision Referral listing at www.nasw-michigan.org
- Course materials, including a supervision contract template
Lunch and snacks included