There are many great benefits of belonging to your professional association. Here are some quick links to access all of the perks of your membership in Michigan. For a complete list of national benefits, click here.
Continuing Education/Professional Training – Members receive discounted pricing on the Annual Conference, Legislative Education and Advocacy Day (LEAD), and all in-person continuing education programs sponsored by NASW-Michigan.
Check out the full events calendar here.
Ethics Consultations – NASW-Michigan members are able to call the Chapter office (517-487-1548) at any time to speak with a staff member or member of the Chapter Ethics Committee about an ethical situation that is occurring.
Submit your ethics question here.
Legislative Advocacy – NASW-Michigan works closely with a full time lobbying firm to inform members of current legislation and develop new legislation that will impact their practice or affect their clients’ lives.
Keep up to date and take action on legislative priorities here.
Website – Our website, www.nasw-michigan.org, features updated information and resources on licensure, CE workshops, advocacy efforts and more. The website also has a Student Center, member forum / discussion board, updated job bank and archive of Chapter newsletters.
Newsletter – Our monthly newsletter, The Bridge, features current cutting edge articles and information on social work issues, the political arena, regional meetings, CE workshops, classifieds and more.
For past issues of The Bridge click here.
Find out how to submit an article for publication.
Personalized Assistance / Services – NASW-Michigan staff members are available to provide consultation and individualized assistance via email and over the phone on several topics including licensure, continuing education, Chapter events, and resource identification.
Contact us at 517-487-1548!
Committees & Special Interest Groups – Members are welcome to participate in various committees and Special Interest Groups, designed to help you connect with colleagues and influencing policy, practice, and education.
CE Tracking Service – NASW-Michigan offers a Continuing Education (CE) Tracking Service that helps prepare social workers to confidently respond to a State audit of their CE hours. NASW-Michigan members receive a discounted price for the use of this service.
Sign up today!
Career Resources - Whether you are looking for a new job or looking to hire new employees at your agency, the NASW-Michigan Career Center is your place.
Exclusive Chapter Associate Perks
- Moosejaw Mountaineering - NASW-Michigan has partnered with Moosejaw Mountaineering to give members a discount on their products. NASW-Michigan members will receive 15% off regular priced items, 25% off of Moosejaw brand products, 10% off Clearance.
- Detroit Red Wings - The Michigan Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers and the Detroit Red Wings have teamed up for the 2015-16 season. Exclusive ticket packages are available for all members and supporters, as well as their families, friends and co-workers.
- Detroit Pistons - NASW-Michigan members receive fantastic discounts on Detroit Pistons tickets for the 2015-2016 season.
- Detroit Zoo - NASW-Michigan members receive great discounts on admission, attractions, and combination packages when visiting the Detroit Zoo. You can purchase and print Detroit Zoo tickets and more at the best value available anywhere in minutes.
- Michigan Science Center - The Michigan Science Center is excited to offer NASW-Michigan members 20% off any level of membership. Explore hands-on exhibits, gaze at the stars, discover new worlds in our IMAX® Theater, and take part in live stage shows. As Michigan’s STEM Hub, we inspire curious minds of all ages.
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Social Work Merchandise
Benefits of Joining NASW (National)
– Once you join, you immediately become a member of both the National
Chapter and the Michigan Chapter. For details of what benefits you
receive from the Michigan Chapter, please click here to jump to the section below.
Job Search Assistance and Career Information
– NASW’s Social Work Career Center (SWCC) helps connect you with jobs,
career information, and resources. Check out the SWCC at Careers.SocialWorkers.org.
– NASW membership helps safeguard your professional career with
affordable liability insurance and risk management workshops. Learn more
Specialty Practice Sections
– Specialty Practice Sections keep members up-to-date on
practice-specific topics and trends, as well as opportunities to earn
free CEs. Learn more at SocialWorkers.org/sections.
Continuing Education Opportunities
– The NASW Lunchtime Series teleconferences and the online WebEd
courses deliver state-of-the-art continuing education to increase your
professional knowledge. Learn more at SocialWorkers.org/ce and NASWWebEd.org.
Award Winning Publications
– Stay connected to best practices in social work through Social Work –
the premier journal of the social work profession as well as NASW News
and a variety of scholarly books and reference materials. Learn more at NASWPress.org.
Professional Credentials – NASW credentials are a one-line resume attesting to your commitment to advance your social work career. Learn more at SocialWorkers.org/credentials.
Advocacy for You & Your Clients
– NASW is instrumental in assuring that the social work perspective is
heard and incorporated into pending national and state legislation. To
receive free Action Alert e-mails, visit SocialWorkers.org/pace.
Legal Defense Fund (LDF) – NASW provides financial assistance and support for legal cases and issues of concern to NASW members. Learn more at SocialWorkers.org/ldf.
Supporting the Advancement of Social Work
– The NASW Foundation conducts and supports research, provides training
and resources, offers scholarships and fellowships to NASW members
pursuing graduate studies, and educates the public about social work.
Learn more at NASWFoundation.org and HelpStartsHere.org.
Discount Programs – NASW provides members with discounts on products and services, including financial services, hotel stays and car rentals, and much more through its affinity programs.