- About Us
- Member Benefits
- Professional Issues
- Continuing Education
- Get Involved
|NASW - Michigan Foundation|
NASW – Michigan Foundation
As social workers we work to promote social justice and expand opportunity and choice for all people, with special regard for vulnerable, disadvantaged, oppressed, and exploited individuals and groups.
As Jane Addams once said,
“The good we secure for ourselves is precarious and uncertain until it is secured for all of us and incorporated into our common life.”
NASW-Michigan has five separate accounts within the NASW Foundation and all are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, meaning contributions you make are tax deductible. Your gift will help promote the social work profession, promote activities that help students become leaders for social justice and civil rights, promote social work ethics, and/or assure that those who need accommodations, such as interpreters for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, receive quality social work continuing education experiences.
Please give today. Listed below are the NASW-Michigan accounts for which contributions can be made:
· Equality Learning Initiative Fund – To assist with educational efforts of social workers who need special accommodations.
· Student Leadership in Diversity Award Fund – To recognize and promote leaders among social work students who are of diverse backgrounds or who promote diversity and social justice.
· Weidenaar Ethics Institute Fund – To promote ethics in social work practice.
· NASW-Michigan Chapter Annual Conference Fund – Provides professionals and students the opportunity to network and stay up to date on the latest knowledge from the field.
· NASW-Michigan Chapter Legislative Education Advocacy Day Fund – Provides students and professionals the opportunity to gain knowledge and advocate on the latest legislative priorities and how they impact our clients and citizens across Michigan.
To make a contribution, please click here.
Send checks to NASW - Michigan. 741 N. Cedar St. Lansing, MI 48906. Please indicate the name of the foundation on the memo line.
You may also call the office if you need assistance, have questions, or if you want to make a contribution over the phone. Thank you for your time, consideration, and as always, thank you for your continued membership!
As a special thank-you for your contribution, you will be featured on our website at nasw-michigan.org and in The Bridge newsletter.